By Kenny leavett – Isaac Dogboe has promised the boxing world an explosive win over Hidenori Otake this weekend when he makes the first defence of his WBO title and then will look to challenge the rest of the champions in the super-bantamweight division.
The 23-year-old from Ghana claimed the WBO belt in an impressive display against Jessie Magdaleno in April with an 11th round stoppage over the American and is now set to make the first defence of his belt against the Japanese title challenger in California on Saturday.
Otake has his second shot at a world title after previously losing to Scott Quigg for the WBA title, which came in a unanimous points decision defeat to the man from Bury, but Dogboe has his eyes set on stopping his opponent in emphatic fashion to send out a message to the rest of the belt holders at 122 lbs.
Dogboe has been quoted as saying “There’s going to be fireworks, like I’ve always said, Hidenori is a come forward fighter. I’m also a come forward fighter. I believe that I’ve got more skills than Hidenori.
“We’re going to take this fight back to basics and we’re looking forward to knocking him out and then looking forward to the future, and unifying the division.
“Putting that fire back into the division.”
Dogboe who has ties to the UK after moving to London as a young boy has hopes of one day headlining his own show in Britain.
“I’m so humbled and I’m thankful to all my fans in the UK,” said the unbeaten 23-year-old.
“Everyone has been patient. I know a lot of people are looking forward to see me fight in the UK, but that time will come very soon. “